I have been using Birch Communication for about 5 years without any service issues or incidents. On the morning of Wednesday September 25, I noticed that my home phone did not have a dial tone. I checked the lines and removed the phones, adding them back one by one. To no avail, the phone line still offered no dial tone.

About 9am, I called Birch Communications to get the issued resolved. I spoke to the tech person who checked my lines and told me that they are dispatching a AT&T repairman. The tech person also told me that they would contact me once they diagnosed the problem.

However, at 5pm, I called again to Birch to find out what the status was. Another tech person told me that the AT&T repair person fixed the problem. (I never received a call neither did someone come to my home) At 5:15pm that day, I still had no dial tone. The same person told me that they would schedule Birch repairman.

On Thursday, the following day around 8:30am, I called back to get the status when the Birch tech person would come to fix my line issue. I spoke to another tech person who insisted that they would contact the dispatch and let me know. I continued to call Birch throughout the day until 6pm when the dispatch told me that she would schedule the the Birch repairman on Friday between 10a-Noon.

I called Friday about 10:30am to confirm that the repairman was on the way. However, the same dispatcher said she forgot to put a ticket into the local repair office. She did get a repairman to come out around 1:30p. The Birch repairman acknowledged that I didn't have phone service and then called into the office to let the tech support know that we didn't have service and that AT&T would need to come out.

After many more phone calls, Birch was not responsive to resolving my issue. I spoke to the Customer Service Manager who kicked me over to the Technical Support Manager's voicemail. I left about 6 messages and was not called back.

I decided that AT& T would be a better alternative since I can not get assistance from Birch. Every person I spoke to told me that they would follow-up and they failed to contact me.

I spent a week without service until I was able to get AT&T to take over the line. Remember, you may save money with the smaller carriers but may lose in service!!

Had an Experience with Birch Communications?

Comments

My name is Laura.I am in the Birch Communications Marketing Dept.

Regarding your customer service issues - we work very hard to provide excellent customer service. I really would like find out more about your experience with Birch. Please email me at laura.wagner@birch.com regarding your experience with Birch Communications.

I will partner with our Customer Care Director to see if there is anything we could do to help resolve your issue at this point.Thank you.