Birch Communications - Billing for warranty replacement stating phone was tampered when it was not

Birch stated I failed to return a warranty replacement and charged me $549 for a new phone.It was part of a long saga beginning with an iPhone that broke while I was with CBEYOND.

Birch bought CBEYOND and I dealt with CBEYOND on this issue. It took over 5 weeks to get a new phone and over 25 calls because Birch would not ship phones because they were merging warehouses. I never signed any new documentation with Birch or CBEYOND nor was I requested to return anything. 3 months after I finally got my new phone Birch billed me $549 stating I did not return the old phone.

I stated the replacement was processed by CBEYOND and I was never asked to send phone back.

I eventually had to mail BIRCH my broken phone at my own expense. Now they are claiming the phone was tampered with and they are still charging me.

I took extensive pictures to proove the phone was not damaged other than the material defect (home button did not work).I am

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Replacement Policy
Review category
review #609002 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Birch Communications? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 23, 2015 #962376

They agreed to take back the replacement IF I had the original box, paperwork, etc. (who saves the box after 4 months?h. I believe they will claim this phone looked used it I missed some thing when mailing it back. I have photos showing the phone was not damaged. Any opposing claims I feel were false and made up by Birch. I haven now complained to the FCC.

1 0 Reply

Mar 17, 2015 #959637

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and would like to investigate these concerns immediately.
Please send us an email urgently at with your account information, and we will have a member of our team reach out to you as a matter of urgency.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Birch Communications. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Birch Communications.
Filing a new complaint about