292 views

If anyone from Birch Communications calls you and tries to sell you Internet services. Hang up immediately.

After 7 years with Cbeyond (who was bought by Birch recently) we cut the cord on the slow, overpriced T1. I sent in my notice of termination within the 90 day period before the contract ended. The rep who I spoke to when sending the notice of termination said the contract would revert to month-to-month when the original term ended. After going back and forth with them for MONTHS trying to get all of our phone numbers ported back, we finally were able to completely disconnect in October. The rep who handled the final disconnect assured me that I would not be charged any early termination fees and that my account would be pro-rated to the day of disconnect.

Cut to today, I get an invoice with $4500 in early termination fees. The billing dept rep who I spoke to said that the Month-to-Month deal ends after 90 days and that they would not cancel the termination fees, reasoning that there was an "Evergreen" clause in the contract we had signed with Cbeyond 7 years ago. In none of the many conversations that I have had with Birch, concerning the termination of services, did anyone EVER mention an "Evergreen" clause or that the month-to-month account would auto-renew after 90 days even when you have provided a written notice of termination. What a bunch of crooks.

Product or Service Mentioned: Birch Communications Internet Service.

Preferred solution: Remove termination fees and pro rate my bill to the date of termination.

Birch Communications Cons: Poor costumer service, Poor service, Slow internet, Overpriced.

Location: Silver Spring, Maryland

Comments

#1120411

I have the same issue. I was told it would go to month to month as well.

These guys are dishonest. Would you (or anyone else on this forum) be interested in going in on a lawsuit?

Hello, I am sorry to hear about your issues with your contract/billing and I would like to investigate further. Please send me the account details from the bill and your contact information. -Tim at Birch tim.phelps@***.com

With that amount of money, it's time to turn it over to your attorney.

Birch Communications Reviews